Thursday, May 19, 2005

 

Growth Charts

For weeks the girls had been enamored of growth charts. We saw some for sale in a store (very expensive, hand painted ones) and they also saw one in a children's book we read recently. When I suggested we could make our own, the girls were ecstatic. I photocopied a measuring tape from my sewing box, taping the copied sheets together. With a Sharpie marker, I drew the outline of a tree around the measuring tape, and of course I had to draw monkeys in K's tree and kitties in A's tree. The girls then colored their trees with crayon, and we hung them. They stand against them daily, and A is especially excited that she is almost to the top of her tree!

Photos taken at home,
April 2005

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?