Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Unexpected Afternoon Snow
Last Thursday the morning was cold and dark, but dry. There was forecast for "possible" snow later in the day. We rarely get snow. When the news reporters start breaking into regularly scheduled programs because someone thought they saw a snowflake, I say, "I'll believe it when I see it."
It started snowing around lunch time. Usually when the clouds come in, the temperature rises just above freezing, so we get a bone-chilling wet rain instead. But this time the temp hovered at freezing, and snow began to stick. At dismissal time K and I walked to A's school as usual, but this time packing a snowsuit for A to change into for the trek home. She was so excited tromp home in the snow, and have the freedom to plop down and make snow angels along the way.
School was cancelled the next day and we played outdoors most of the morning. A special treat we'd like a repeat of in the coming weeks!
It started snowing around lunch time. Usually when the clouds come in, the temperature rises just above freezing, so we get a bone-chilling wet rain instead. But this time the temp hovered at freezing, and snow began to stick. At dismissal time K and I walked to A's school as usual, but this time packing a snowsuit for A to change into for the trek home. She was so excited tromp home in the snow, and have the freedom to plop down and make snow angels along the way.
School was cancelled the next day and we played outdoors most of the morning. A special treat we'd like a repeat of in the coming weeks!