Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Devastation
What remains of 6 acres of forest near our home. There will be 42 houses and plenty of pavement crammed in here in the coming months. I know that development is inevitable, and the high-density housing is an improvement on past practices, but it infuriates me that they are allowed to do the clearing in the spring, when nests are filled with baby birds, and newborn fawns and coyote pups are hiding in the underbrush. Just like hunting, there should be a "season" for clear-cutting so as not to interfere with the breeding season. It's bad enough that we're robbing wildlife of its habitat, but must we murder the newly born as well?
Comments:
<< Home
I absolutely agree! I am so sorry this is happening to your home area. There is a lot of construction in Washington, and it's allll ugly.
Post a Comment
<< Home

